More from New York Fashion Week, and this time we're backstage with Moroccanoil at Cushnie et Ochs, where they're not afraid of a few kirby grips!…
Show: Cushnie et Ochs Fall/Winter 2015
Hair design: Antonio Corral Calero for Moroccanoil
Inspiration: Cushnie et Ochs designers, Carly Cushnie and Michelle Ochs, were inspired by the view of Earth from outer space.
The look: Inspired by the collection concept and the contrasting textures found in space, the hairstyle showcases the duality of soft and strong—distinctly different, but undeniably connected.
Get the look:
- Starting with dry hair, lightly mist hair from mid lengths to ends with Moroccanoil Root Boost (£18.85) to give texture and soft definition.
- Create a deep side part and generously apply Moroccanoil Styling Gel (£17.45) directly to roots while smoothing hair down flat.
- Comb hair back off the face and tuck behind ears; secure with bobby pin.
- Using a large, two-inch barrel curling iron, create slight bend at mid-lengths of hair for a loose wave. The key is to keep the waves beachy and soft to contrast the sleek sophistication of the lacquered wet look.
- For hold and strong division of the two hair textures, geometrically arrange bobby pins around back of head from ear-to-ear.
- Finish with an all over mist of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray (£17.25) for a lacquer-like finish and strong, long lasting hold.