We're keeping our eye on the runways at New York Fashion Week to bring you the latest high fashion looks for hair…
Show: Monique Lhuillier Fall/Winter 2015
Hair design: Recine for Moroccanoil
Inspiration: Kate Moss’s sensual edginess
The look: “The three distinct hairstyles were inspired by the individuality, edginess and sultriness of the modern woman. Monique’s modern twist on 1920’s feminine silhouettes created the perfect foundation for sensual and sculpted styles”, says Recine.
Get the look:
· Starting with damp hair, apply Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse (£18.85) from root-to-tip and blow-dry straight.
· Using a paddle brush, pull hair into a tight ponytail at the back of the head. Secure with elastic.
· Mist hair with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray (£17.25) to give it extra, long-lasting hold and wrap hair around the ponytail into a loose, piece-y bun. Keep the bun edgy by letting loose pieces fall out.
· Finish with another generous spritz of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray and Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine (£19.45) for a runway-ready, super-sleek finish
· Starting with damp hair, apply Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse from root-to-tip and blow-dry straight.
· When ¾ dry, apply a drop of Moroccanoil Styling Gel (£17.45) throughout hair for extra smoothness and to help create pin-straight strands.
· Straighten hair in one inch sections from root-to-tip.
· Create a deep side part and leave a one and a half inch section at the front of the hair loose. Pull remaining hair into a ponytail at nape of the neck and secure with elastic.
· Mist with Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray for added hold and Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine to create a luminous finish.
· Apply a cocktail of Moroccanoil Volumizing Mousse and Moroccanoil Smoothing Lotion (launching in the UK soon) to damp hair from root-to-tip to create soft texture and definition.
· Blow-dry hair and straighten in one inch sections.
· Create a side part and work Moroccanoil Smoothing Lotion through mid-lengths to ends to give hair a shaggy, piece-y texture.
· Finish with another generous spritz of Moroccanoil Luminous Hairspray and Moroccanoil Glimmer Shine for a shiny, sultry finish.
Monique Lhuillier AW15: Hair Design by Recine for Moroccanoil/Photography by Piers Macdonald for Moroccanoil