New York Fashion Week: Anna Sui Fall 2019
Hair by Garren, Celebrity Hairstylist and Co-Founder of R+Co
The Anna Sui Fall 2019 collection titled Poptimism took those who attended through early ’60s
patterns, with an assortment of short jackets and skirt ensembles that were either quilted, flared,
or made in a multitude of prints, from flowers to stripes, even with touches of feathers.
Garren, Celebrity Hairstylist and R+Co Co-Founder, explained the inspiration behind the hair. “It’s
called lady goes punk. The clothing was very lady-like, while we made the hair have this
contradictory Motown feeling. We took the hair the complete opposite direction of the clothes
by going punk and incorporating multiple colored wigs in pink, lavender, blue, turquoise, green
and purple.” Garren used R+Co products to style the hair look for the show, detailed below.
Get the Look:
(Preparing hair for wig action):
1. Clean hair using GEMSTONE Color Shampoo and Conditioner (£28.50/£29) to prep hair
2. Slick back hair using CHIFFON Styling Mousse (£24) to keep it from getting puffy.
3. Mist OUTER SPACE Flexible Hairspray (£24) for extra hold.
4. Put wig on, pinning around the hair line + nape.
(Styling the wig):
5. Begin to back comb at the roots, starting at the crown and working back. Then continue
down the sides, still keeping the hair in a backward direction.
6. Garren chose to use the NEW MAGIC WAND Brow Gel (launching April 2019) at the
ends of the hair at the crown in upward strokes to separate strands, take down flyaways
and create spikes.
7. Roll the remaining hair at the nape of the neck, up into a knot and pin.
8. Comb out bangs to smooth + frame the face.
9. Finish with OUTER SPACE Flexible Hairspray (£24) to hold the look.
Credits: Hair by Garren for Anna Sui, Photography Chris Diaz