This glittering gathering of the great and the good of British Hairdressing took place on Monday, November 26th at the Grosvenor House Hotel in London, where 1,750 of the crème de la crème of the hairdressing world gathered to find out the long-awaited results.
Sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional, the evening was hosted by TV celebrity Rylan Clark-Neal and guests celebrated into the early hours entertained by the band Scouting for Girls, whose rendition of the aptly titled She’s So Lovely had the audience on their feet in appreciation.
The top prize of the evening was bagged again this year by the super-talented Sally Brooks of Brooks & Brooks salon in London. This was the second year running that Sally had taken home the much coveted ‘British Hairdresser of the Year’ Award. Sally is best known for creating wearable, desirable and technically exceptional hair and beat off competition from eight other British nominees, having wowed the judges with her collection of eight images, perfect in their simplicity and execution.
Some of the decisions were very difficult as the competition was incredibly tough, but our congratulations go to all the winners, some of the most talented stylists and salons in the UK.
HJ’s British Hairdressing Awards 2018, sponsored by Schwarzkopf Professional
Specialist Category Winners
- Sally Brooks, Brooks & Brooks, London – British Hairdresser of the Year 2018
- Michelle Thompson, Francesco Group, Birmingham – Afro Hairdresser of the Year 2018
- Marc Antoni, Henley-on-Thames – Artistic Team of the Year 2018
- Sylvestre Finold, TONI&GUY, Wimbledon – Avant Garde Hairdresser of the Year 2018
- Desmond Murray, Atherton Cox, London – Men’s Hairdresser of the Year 2018
- Gianluca Caruso, TONI&GUY, London – Newcomer of the Year 2018
- Robert Eaton, Russell Eaton, Leeds – Schwarzkopf Professional British Colour Technician of the Year 2018
Regional Winners 2018
- Jessica Neil and Mary Geoghegan, KH Hair, Nottingham – Eastern Hairdresser of the Year 2018
- Philipp Haug, TONI&GUY, Sloane Square – London Hairdresser of the Year 2018
- Nicola Smyth, Nicola Smyth – Award Winning Hair, Leamington Spa – Midlands Hairdresser of the Year 2018
- Isobel Eaton and Jesse Jackson, Russell Eaton, Barnsley – North Eastern Hairdresser of the Year 2018
- Marcello Moccia and Karen Perry, Room97 Creative Hairdressing, Wakefield – North Western Hairdresser of the Year 2018
- Damien Johnston, Pure Hair, Belfast – Northern Ireland Hairdresser of the Year 2018
- Karen Thomson, KAM Hair & Body Spa, Lossiemouth – Scottish Hairdresser of the Year 2018
- Robert Masciave, Metropolis Hairdressing, Kingston Upon Thames – Southern Hairdresser of the Year 2018
- Steven Smart, Smartest 73, Weston-Super-Mare – Wales & South West Hairdresser of the Year 2018
The British Hairdressing Awards have launched the careers of a host of household names from John Freida and Nicky Clarke to TONI&GUY creative director Sacha Mascolo-Tarbuck, as well as TV favourites Lisa Shepherd and Andrew Barton.