1) Take a vertical section from the parting. This section is based on how big you want your knots to be.
2) Take a small section and tie together.
Do it again
3) Take the same sized section underneath and tie that separately.
4) Make sure that the ends of the previous section are underneath the ends of this section.
Meet me halfway
5) Take another section underneath and include the first section’s ends in. To make it even, split the section in half.
Fasten in place
6) Tie this section together.
All the way down
7) Repeat to the bottom of this section. Tie at the end.
Over we go
8) Take a subsequent panel, similar in size to the initial panel.
9) Take a small section in this panel and tie together.
Do the twist
10) Take another small section, split it in half then weave the end through the knot beside it. Twist the section so it’s solid and is easier to thread through.
11) Once threaded through, tie together.
12) Take another section underneath, split it half and thread through the knot beside it. Make sure that first section’s ends are underneath this section’s ends.
Through to the end
13) Tie together and continue the process, remembering to thread through to the previous panel.